Tuesday 8 March 2011

The Changes i made to my magazine

I have made a lot of changes to my draft magazine to develop it into my final cover, contents and double page spread;


The first thing i did was change the colour scheme of my magazine from navy, grey, white and black to red,white and black. i did this because after the feedback from my drafts i realised that the previous colour scheme looked very plain and lacked impact at first glance of the magazine. Whereas with the red,white and black i find particularly that the bright red stands out more and would have a bigger impact on the audience. Using red white and black for my colour scheme goes against the conventions of a typical mainstream/chart magazine, as you would be more likely to see these colours in a rock magazine, however i still think this will work effectively as my magazine is supposed to have a bit of an indie twist to it, and with it looking slightly different to the usual chart magazine it will intrigue the audience and make them want to read it.
I also changed the font of the masthead and the cover lines on my front cover. I did this because the font used on my drafts was very boring and didn't work effectively, i also used a more bold and simple masthead, i chose to use a simple font after looking at many magazines and realising that nearly all of the mastheads used were very simple and bold.

I changed the image on my cover, i chose an image of my model looking straight at the camera, she is standing with her hands in her pockets, i like this photo as i think the way she is standing and her expression adds some attitude into the image. this time i chose to keep the image in colour , i did this because her outfit matches the colour scheme of my magazine perfectly and also because the black and white image on my draft lacked impact to the audience.
My Contents page was changed dramatically, in my final contents i have decided on a conventional layout, i got inspiration of how to lay out the page from lots of different magazines, but finally ended up taking most of my inspiration for it from 'Q' magazine.
on my DPS i also chose to change the layout. instead of having the interview going across the bottom 3rd of the page, i have chosen to have it placed all on one page with a big image on the other.After looking in lots of magazines i saw that this is the most common layout for an interview, i also found that i could fit the interview on the DPS when it is all on one page.














No comments:

Post a Comment