Thursday 24 March 2011

Question 3-What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

I think using Prometheus Global Media to publish and distribute my magazine would be would of the best companies to use as they are the company that own Billboard magazine, and Billboard magazine is the magazine that i used for most of my inspiration when creating my magazine.  i would use them because they are already experienced in publishing and distributing a chart magazine such as Billboard, and readers would be more inclined to buy a magazine that is owned by a recognised company that owns such a big magazine as Billboard. Also a big company such as this will already have the contacts needed to get my magazine well known throughout many countries, and their marketing techniques to get my magazine known will be big campaigns such as posters, tv adverts and advertisements on the internet. 
They would want to distribute my magazine because they own Billboard which is a similar magazine, so they would already know the best ways to advertise my magazine and get it on the shelves of many well known shops.
 However, because my magazine is similar to that of Billboard magazine i could also look at using a company such as IPC Media, they publish and distribute NME magazine which is of a different genre to my magazine 'Acoustic' . This therefore would target a different audience, which means IPC Media would be more likely to publish my magazine as it would add a broader range to their company and is something different to what they already have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment